Menu Close

Orbán Signs Decree on Increasing Monthly Pensions

Viktor Orbán signed a decree that he says the government adopted in yesterday’s session on increasing monthly pensions, the Prime Minister said in a Facebook video.

Orbán stated in the video that prices were rising because of the war, and because of that, inflation was growing. He claimed that the government would be protecting retirees with the measure.

On Wednesday, Minister Gergely Gulyás announced that in addition to the extra 5% pension increase at the start of the year, the government would now be increasing monthly pensions by a further 3.9%, meaning pensions will increase by a total of 8.9% for this year. [HVG]

close
logo

Afraid you'll miss out on Hungarian political news?

Sign up for our daily newsletter!

By subscribing you agree to receive our newsletter and agree with our privacy policy.

Related Posts