Here you are, five million forints: enlighten people about who is lying. It’s not me.
-said Péter Márki-Zay as he ended his interview on ATV’s Egyenes Beszéd on Tuesday evening.
The prime ministerial candidate for Hungary’s united opposition is offering a total of 5 million Ft. (US $15,600) to anyone who can provide actual evidence of five allegations that government propaganda is claiming he believes.
The opposition leader said that he would give 1 million Ft. ($3,100) per statement to whoever can prove that he actually said any of the following:
- He would abolish the utility price cut policy,
- he would let migrants in the country,
- he would make Hungarians pay for health care,
- he would send Hungarians to India for eye surgery,
- he would close obstetric wards.
Márki-Zay said he would be waiting to hear from Fidesz propagandists with proof that he ever said such things, with a million forints for each of them. [Telex]