Menu Close

Online betting site gives Fidesz a 78% chance of winning the election

chart

A gambling site is now taking bets on the results of the Hungarian election, according to the taktikaiszavazas.hu Facebook page.

Online betting site Unibet is paying out 1.25 for Viktor Orbán’s re-election as prime minister, while they are giving 3:1 odds for a victory by Péter Márki-Zay’s side.

Essentially, this means that the betting site gives Fidesz a 72% chance of winning the election, and the united opposition a 28% chance.

This is broadly in line with the outcome of current surveys, the post states.

chart

A chart on the group’s Facebook page shows that if the election was held “this Sunday,” they estimate that the ruling Fidesz-KDNP coaltion would win 107 seats in the National Assembly based on 47.0% support, while United for Hungary would win 91 seats with 46.5% support, and 1 seat would go to the National Self-Government of Germans in Hungary (MNOÖ).

[HVG][Image: taktikaiszavazas.hu / Facebook]

close
logo

Afraid you'll miss out on Hungarian political news?

Sign up for our daily newsletter!

By subscribing you agree to receive our newsletter and agree with our privacy policy.

Related Posts