As previously reported, President János Áder has set April 3 as the date for Hungary’s parliamentary election.
Justice Minister Judit Varga has also issued a decree on the starting times and deadlines for the upcoming election. The most important of these are the following:
- The official campaign period will run from February 12 to 7:00pm on April 3, 2022.
- The election office shall issue nominee forms as soon as possible to those requesting them, but no earlier than Februar 12, 2022.
- Party-list candidates must be announced no later than 4:00pm on February 26, 2022.
- Requests to alter a candidate’s registration status must arrive at the local election office no later than 4:00pm on March 25, 2022.
- Registration requests for voting at a Hungarian diplomatic mission abroad must be received no later than 4:00pm on 25 March 25, 2022.
Telex also reports that election notices to voters will be sent out prior to the campaign period, as the National Election Office will be informing them starting on February 5 that they have been included in the official voting registry.
Those eligible to vote in Hungary who have not received this notice by March 8, the twenty-fifth day before the election, should notify their local election office.